Banana-Carrot Bread with Cream Cheese IcingRead More
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flower
- 1/4 cup rolled or steel-cut oats (not instant)
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon hemp oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened chunky applesauce
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/3 cup unsweetened hemp milk, plain or vanilla
- 1/4 cup pecans + 1 tablespoon more for topping
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 9x5 inch bread loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and set.
Next, in another large mixing bowl, mix together mashed banana, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add in hemp oil, applesauce and hemp milk.
Combine into mixture. Fold in carrots and 1/4 cup pecans. Add this mixture to the dry ingredient mixture, combining well.
Pour batter into oiled bread pan. Cook 45-50 minutes.
While bread is baking, make your icing by combining all icing ingredients in a food processor or with a hand mixer, and blending until smooth.
When bread is done, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before icing. Then top with remaining pecans and hemp seeds.
Cut, serve and enjoy!
Pumpkin Naan Bread DelightRead More
Makes 4 pieces of Naan bread
- 1-13 ounce pie pumpkin, halved and roasted
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of sage, chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil, divided, plus more for drizzle
- 4 pieces of Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups feta
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Scoop out the insides of the roasted pumpkin, discarding the seeds.
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 1 Tablespoon of the hemp oil. Add shallots and garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 cup of the pumpkin, mix. Add the sage, rosemary, hemp seeds and hemp oil, mix. Cook until desired consistency is reached, whisking in vegetable stock as needed. Fold in 1/2 cup of the feta and combine everything until smooth.
Place Naan bread on lightly oiled baking sheets. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of hemp oil between the four breads. Spoon pumpkin puree mixture on top. Divide the rest of the feta cheese between the 4 breads.. Bake in oven for about 15-18 minutes. Remove, cut into pieces and serve with sage as a garnish.
Roasted Veggie PizzaRead More
See recipe for pizza dough, however, a pre-made fresh or frozen will work
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons hemp oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce, canned or jarred
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons small fresh basil leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Combine mushrooms, zucchini, black pepper, bell pepper and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3 Tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat well. Arrange them on a rimmed baking dish, bake for 20 minutes and then remove from oven. Lower oven heat to 475°F.
Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of the hemp oil on your pre-baked hemp pizza dough. Spread sauce evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border for the crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup mozzarella over sauce; top with roasted vegetables. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella, crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning over vegetable mixture. Add dollops of ricotta.
Bake at 475° for 10-11 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil. Optional: drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Pizza DoughRead More
From our friends at Mountain High Pharms
Makes two pizzas
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ½ cups hot water
- 4-5 cups sifted flour of choice
- 3 Tablespoons hemp oil
- 1 ½ cup hot water
- 2 Tablespoons hemp flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 475°F.
Stir together the honey and hot water in a large bowl. Stir in yeast and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes until frothy looking on top. Sift in the flour. Add the oil, salt, hemp flakes and water. Stir until it starts to form a ball, work with your clean hands to incorporate most of the flour.
Pour out onto a dry, lightly floured surface. Knead but mostly roll the dough side to side pushing it away from you with your hands until smooth, about 5 – 10 minutes.
Dust out the remaining flour from the bowl and discard.
Pour a little oil in the bowl and roll the dough ball around well to coat it. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise, about 20 minutes.
Punch down, cut in half, and use right away, or wrap in a loose airtight bag and refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze and allow to thaw 1 hour before serving.
Using your hands, stretch the dough out onto a large stone or pizza pan. Roll up the edges, creating a crust, while leaving a large space for toppings. Poke all over with a fork. Place in preheated oven and par-bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with favorite sauces and toppings.
Chopped SaladRead More
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups rainbow carrots, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup hemp oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, add all vegetables, cilantro and parsley.
Mix well. Fold in hemp seeds, cranberries and sliced almonds.
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender, and pulse until combined.
Toss salad with dressing, serve and enjoy the detox capabilities of this healthy salad!
Stuffed AvocadoRead More
- 2 large avocados
- 6 oz. canned tuna, chunk white or solid white albacore, drained
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- ½ cup mayo or mayo alternative
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- optional: hot sauce
Slice avocados in half, lengthwise, carefully removing the pit.
Scoop out the insides of the avocado, leaving about 1/8” of fruit inside the skin, and place in a bowl.
Add the tuna, carrots, cucumber, green onion, red onion, cheese cubes, mayo, hemp seeds, Dijon, lemon juice and salt to avocado in bowl and mash together. Divide the mixture into four parts and place in avocado skins. Chill for about 10 minutes and serve! Top with hot sauce if desired.
Cold, Creamy Avocado Summer PastaRead More
- 12 ounces cavatapi noodles (can use gluten free)
- 2 ripe avocados, insides scooped out
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup hemp oil
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 ear of corn, grilled and shaved off the cob
- optional: shaved parmesan
Cook noodles according to package directions and place in a serving bowl.
In a blender or food processor, combine avocados, basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic, hemp seeds, salt and pepper. Add in hemp oil 1 Tablespoon at a time until a nice creamy consistency is reached. Add to noodles and fold to combine. Top the pasta with cherry tomatoes and grilled corn (and shaved parm if using). Serve immediately.
Mango Hemp Milk Ice CreamRead More
Makes 1 quart
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups hemp milk
- 3 mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- optional: thickener such as guar gum or gelatin
Pour all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth.
Now, this can be made in an ice cream maker (see your maker’s instructions), but if you don’t have one of those on hand it can be made the old fashioned way by adding blended ingredients to a cold pan (stainless steel or Pyrex works great). Place in freezer for 30 minutes, remove and beat with electric mixer for one minute. Repeat this process a few times until desired consistency is reached. Store in an airtight freezer container. Serve in a cone on a hot, sunny day.
Hemp MilkRead More
Makes 2.5 cups
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups water
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bourbon extract
- cinnamon or other sweeteners, optional
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 60 seconds or until smooth. Taste for sweetness. Once desired consistency has been reached and sweetness is achieved, transfer milk to a jar. For pulp free milk, strain through a cheesecloth or mesh nut bag. Note: the pulp contains much of the nutrients. Store in an airtight container and keep for up to three days.